Social Media

Friday, January 2, 2015

Blogging for a Year and What's to Come in 2015

I can't believe I missed my blogiversery. Oh the woes of starting something over Christmas break! As of 12/22 this blog is officially one years old.  I want to thank each and every one of you who check out my blog weekly, talk to me on social media or even the one who occasionally wanders in.

I started this blog as a way to learn more about the field of online education/learning and development/corporate training/adult learning/elearning or whatever you call it and ended up making some great friends and allies, learning about new companies and products, and learning new things about eLearning and myself as an Instructional Designer. What more could a girl ask for?  I wanted to share some quick stats with you and hope that you share in my excitement.

Thank you! Thank you! Thank you!


I will definitely continue to blog through 2015 and I'm hoping to eventually bump up my posting frequency to twice a week.  Here are some of my 2015 goals that have to do with my journey in eLearning and this blog:
  • Build "own" email campaigns (Mailchimp, why are you so intimidating!)
  • Change blog and social media style/branding (responsive? flat?)
  • Switch site providers (Wix, Squarespace, Weebly)????
  • Create and distribute at least one eBook
  • Do more product reviews
  • Do book reviews
  • Finally write this massive article I've been collecting resources and silently thinking about the structure and subject matter of for months!
  • Incorporate software tips and tricks into a series (this is my chance to start making Youtube videos)!
  • Dump Blog's Facebook or start engaging on there more
  • Get a Bachelors degree???
  • Attend a conference
  • Clean up Pinterest boards
  • Guest blog
  • Submit an article to one of the eLearning magazines
  • Stay top contributor on my favorite LinkedIn group as much as possible
  • Publish an article to LinkedIn

What are you planning on doing on our blog or in your life this year?  Comment below or catch me on Twitter @jvalley0714

No comments:

Post a Comment

Share!